North Norfolk District Council is offering a £50 reward to members of the public who capture a dog owner not picking up their dog’s mess on Cromer Pier.
There has been a substantial increase in the number of dog turds being left on the pier. It is now becoming a health risk for visitors and an eyesore for the thousands of daily amateur photographers.
Mr and Mrs Bone have recently had a bad experience on the pier concerning the dog mess. Mr Bone explained, “I bought the wife a Snickers, she dropped it while on the pier and accidentally picked up a dog log instead of the chocolate!”
Kenneth Fur, a local amateur photographer, is very annoyed with the irresponsible dog owners, “All I want to do is go to the pier everyday, take the same photos and then upload them to Facebook. But I can’t take any photos on the pier because of the amount of excrement, it’s like a minefield!”
David Barker, a Cromer resident, is disgusted, “I’ve seen some crap at Great Yarmouth pier but didn’t expect to see a load of shit here at Cromer! Some of the turds are so big it’s like Falcor from The Neverending Story flew over and carpet bombed the place!”
If you see a dog fouling the pier and the owner not clearing it up, North Norfolk District Council have given instructions on how to report and claim your reward.
- Take a photo or video of the dog fouling in progress. Make sure you get a clear image of the owner and the dog.
- Do not be too obvious as the dog may get embarrassed and cut it off mid-flow by performing an anxious pinch. You may not be able to capture the curl out.
- Once the culprit has exited the area take another photo of the mess.
- If the mess is of a solid state, try and poke through the gaps into the sea.
- Email the photographic evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
In other news –